Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Happy Veganversary to ME!


Today marks six years since I went from vegetarian to vegan. There's no going back! I was 52 when I made the leap, and I really truly do feel healthier, better, glowier, lighter than ever in my life.

Don't believe me? Have a look at the My Story page. I'm eternally embarrassed by the before picture. But I also like it as a good illustration of how it's never too late to change things, and of how far I've come.

That's my point today. It's not too late. If you want to test drive vegan life, make a plan and do it. Your plan should leave lots of room for adaptation as you go, but start with something that seems workable for you.

Rick was "vegan between parties" for a year or so, until he really knew in his heart, gut, and bones why he was doing it. If you need to start off that way, I'm still going to cheer you on!

To celebrate this day, which feels really big to me for some reason, I'm going to bake some Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes.


I don't particularly like to bake, but I do particularly like to eat a special treat on a special day. And besides, I want to make something nice for Rick, who is now, all the time, vegan, even at parties.


PS - yes, "glowier" is a word. I just had my computer learn it. Use it! It's yours! You'll need it soon.